About the Department
The Central Library of SAS is the knowledge hub of the college and disseminates knowledge wide and deep. The central library serves the following objectives
- Ensure optimum utilization of the resources available in the library.
- Ensure easy access to the facilities available to all the staff and students.
- Encourage and foster a reading habit among the staff and students.
- Koha software with RFID technology is used.
- Helps the staff and students participate effectively in the teaching-learning programs of the college.
- Serves as the center of information for the college and provides easy access to national and global know how to all the staff and students.
- Improves collection and services on a continuous basis in consultation with the users/ stakeholders.
- Provides appropriate and comfortable ambience for the library users.
The AVIT Central Library is the heart, mind and soul of the institution. It is also the nerve center of the college and the fountain head of innovation, inspiration and insight both for the students and the faculty.
AV Campus Central Library will be Working on all Sundays from 9.00AM to 4.00PM in addition to Existing Library Working Hours
On Working Days- 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
SATURDAYS- 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
SUNDAYS- 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Holidays: university and government holidays