To foster young minds towards excellence through education, the Management started School of Arts and Science in the year 2017, bearing the motto of Learn, Serve and Succeed. Situated in OMR- IT Corridor, Chennai. our college reigns as the paramount on the galaxy of Educational Institutions. Our College commits itself to promote self-disciplined, holistic, academic excellence among the students and enables them to make significant contribution to the welfare of the society.
- An ambit institute of Vinayaka Mission's Research Foundation Deemed to be University
- Established in 2017
- Situated in healthy rural atmosphere
- Well equipped laboratories, demonstration rooms & classrooms
- Well equipped library
- Qualified teaching staff
- Separate hostels for boys and girls
- Indoor and outdoor sports facility
- The school of Arts and Science is one of the ambit institute of Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation.
- The SAS is intended to provide a high standard of education through CBCS(Choice Based Credit System)
- The curriculum includes skill enhancement courses and ability enhancement courses.
- Feedback is taken on curriculum from different stakeholders like students, parents, alumni, employers, academic peers etc. This feedback is also communicated to the University through members of Board of Studies. The college develops curriculum for the certificate courses offered by it.
- School of arts & science develops its curriculum through Board of Studies inviting experts from other universities and industrial persons as well as it follows the choice based credit system which includes skill and ability enhancement courses.
- Every BoS agenda subjected for academic council. The regulation clearly highlights attendance particulars, Internal Assessment, credit division etc.
TEACHING AND LEARNING EVALUATION
- Bridge courses are conducted for students before the session starts.
- For first year students basic skills on computer, mathematics and communication English is provided.
- Students are informed and highlighted about CBCS pattern and semester Examination.
- Science students are subjected to practical courses and arts students are subjected to workshops.
- The faculty continually strive to improve the quality of the Teaching-Learning process and make it more student-centric by encouraging participation in group discussions, quiz, seminar, paper presentations etc.
- Multiple methodologies like Brain storming, Case Studies etc. are followed with emphasis on the use of ICT in teaching, over the traditional chalk and talk method.
- Wi-Fi facility is provided for the students to use their laptops in the library premises.
- The academic progress is monitored by means of periodic tests, exams, assignments and seminars. Remedial classes are conducted for slow learners. Advanced learners are provided further guidance.
- The college always encourages its faculty to take up research, consultancy and extension activities.
- A research committee with advisory members has been set up to monitor all the research activities undertaken in the college.
- Computer facility with free internet access is available in every department to encourage all faculty to take up research.
- On Duty for faculty pursuing research is also granted.
STUDENT SUPPORT AND PROGRESSION
- Scholarships is well informed to the Students at the beginning of the Academic year who also facilitate the process for availing the same.
- Health care facilities are made available for both staff and students by means of Aarupadai Veedu Medical College & Hospital, Puduchery.
- Subsidized Insurance Coverage is available for students.
- Students are encouraged to participate in inter and intra college workshops seminars and conference
- Special training and coaching is given for the students who are interested in cultural and sports to involve them in inter and intra college competitions.
- Individual skill of the student is identified and faculty incharges work towards motivating the particular student.
- Students are well informed about competitive exams and employability, Free coaching is provided for competitive exams.
- Career guidance and placement Assistance for students.