The Department of Computer Science & Applications was established in 2017, Department of Computer Science & Applications has been established to design and offer courses with the twin objective of producing world class computer professionals to keep pace with the R & D activities in this fast emerging and changing field of computer applications. Department of Computer Science & Applications strives to meet the computing needs of different sectors and offering specially designed courses to their students.
The Graduates typically get employed in organizations engaged in medium to large-scale software development. Initially graduates are employed in technical areas such as programming, system analysis and design, internet systems development. They are well-prepared for progression into project leadership and management position as their experience develops. Department of Computer Science & Applications equips you to play a key role in the advancement of this technology, as a software engineer, system manager or information technology (IT) application specialist and offers the opportunity of attaining a high level of knowledge and practical skills in computing.
After getting a degree, one can enter any of the following roles: Software Developer /Programmer /Engineer, Trouble-shooter System Analyst, Software Application Architect, Software Consultant, Hardware Engineer, Technical Writer, Systems Developer/Engineer, Web Designer and Developer. The Department of Computer Applications aims at imparting skills required by the global IT industry, through interactive learning process which includes audio-visual presentations, team building and personality development programmes. Extra effort is being given to enhance the analytical and communication skills by providing classes on aptitude and communication skills by dedicated faculties from in – house and outside experts.
Most of the faculty members of the department, enriched with decades of experience in guiding internship projects working on the latest technologies, are actively involved in research in the niche fields like Cloud Computing, Mobile Computing, Open CL, Network Security, Data Mining, Image Processing, Artificial Intelligence and Software Engineering.
With academic autonomy, the department regularly updates its student focused curriculum and syllabi enabling them to identify, formulate and solve the problems of all domains and also apply techniques, methods and tools to enhance their ability to adapt to any evolving computing methodologies. These talented students do their internships in foreign universities and software giants and are most sought after by the multinational software giants like IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Oracle, Global scholar, Amazon, AMD, ZOHO etc.
The Department of Computer Science & Applications strives to groom students with diverse backgrounds into competitive software professionals and pioneering leaders in offering innovative solutions to dynamic global challenges in tune with the needs of the society.The following are Programme Outcomes for the Computer Application & Science programme:
- Graduates will be able to apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, computing specialization and domain knowledge for the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements
- Graduates will have the ability to understand and analyse a given real-world problem and propose feasible computing solutions
- Graduates will be able to analyze customer requirements, create high level design, implement and document robust and reliable software systems
- Graduates will be able to transform complex business scenarios and contemporary issues into problems, investigate, understand and propose integrated solutions using emerging technologies
- Graduates will be able to use the techniques, skills and modern hardware and software tools necessary for innovative software solutions
- Graduates will possess leadership and managerial skills with best professional ethical practices and social concern
- Graduates will recognize the need for self-motivation to engage in lifelong learning
- Graduates will be able to master fundamental project management skills, concepts and techniques, set attainable objectives and ensure positive results, meeting scope, time and budget constraints
- Graduates will be able to communicate technical information effectively, both orally and in writing
- will be able to recognize the social, professional, cultural and ethical issues involved in the use of computer technology and give them due consideration in developing software systems
- Graduates will be able to work collaboratively as a member or leader in multidisciplinary teams